7 Best Virtual DTC Conferences to Attend in 2021
The disruptive world of D2C brands continues to evolve. Every year, new consumer trends and external factors bring about massive changes in the industry. A great way to stay on top of these developments and learn from the best, right from the comfort of your home, is to attend virtual D2C conferences.
Last year, due to the pandemic, a lot of these D2C eCommerce expos and conferences were either canceled or held as online events. In 2021, while some are going back to having in-person events or adapting hybrid models, most will remain virtual events.
These conferences offer great learning, sponsorship, and networking opportunities for those related to the D2C and CPG spheres. To that end, in this article, we’ve compiled a list of the 7 best virtual D2C conferences happening this year in North America and beyond.
Let’s get started.
1. DTC DAY LIVE
Dates: June 9 - 11, 2021
Registration Fee/Ticket Price: $1,750 (or $1,000 if you avail the early-bird discount)
Let’s kick things off with DTC DAY – the largest annual event for direct-to-consumer brands, featuring some of the most recognized brands, retailers, eCommerce vendors, and more.
From strategy to sustainability, the event will teach you a lot about how to successfully scale your brand and navigate the challenging landscape of the D2C world.
The DTC DAY team is currently working on building the first ever digital-first virtual event, which will maximize your learning and networking experience.
The DTC DAY team is currently in the process of finalizing the agenda for this year’s virtual conference.
You can expect main and breakout sessions from experts on various topics, ranging from strategy, growth, sustainability and retail.
Why You Should Attend DTC DAY
Here’s why it’s worth dropping $1,000+ on a ticket for DTC DAY:
- The conference always hosts the best line up of VPs, strategists, marketers, and founders. This year will be no different.
- You’ll get expert advice on how to steer your D2C brand into the future.
- You’ll get the chance to network with thousands of peers and seniors.
Apply to attend here.
2. Brand Insider Summit D2C
Dates: May 11 – 12, 2021
Registration Fee/Ticket Price: $495
The Brand Insider Summit D2C by MediaPost has become an annual affair where some of the sharpest minds and biggest direct-to-consumer brands gather to share their invaluable knowledge with the rest of the industry.
Last year’s virtual event was all about brand differentiation, digital marketing cost management, and Amazon strategy, among other things.
Participants engaged in helpful discussions with keynote speakers and left with actionable takeaways for their D2C brands.
This year, the folks at Brand Insider Summit are coming up with an even more interesting theme, based on the current developments and future trends.
As of now, MediaPost hasn’t finalized an agenda for this year’s Brand Insider Summit D2C.
However, here’s how these events usually go:
- In the first half, you can expect insightful keynotes, panels, and case study sessions from industry thought leaders.
- In the afternoons, participants get to interact and network with one another.
- Finally, to wrap things up in style, you can enjoy cocktail parties and dinners with your peers.
The exact activities may vary. Keep visiting their website for any updates regarding the agenda for this year’s event.
Why You Should Attend Brand Insider Summit D2C
Here are some reasons why you should consider participating in this year’s Brand Insider Summit:
- You get an opportunity to learn from over 40 exceptional speakers belonging to the D2C world.
- In 2021, you’ll get the chance to meet and network with people from Arby’s, Capsule, Stellantis, and other leading companies.
- You can take all the new information and insights gained from the conference, and use it to solve real problems for your own brand.
3. Ad World 2021
Dates: May 3 – 5, 2021
Registration Fee/Ticket Price: $799 (for attendees) or $999 (for companies)
Next on our list of virtual D2C conferences is Ad World, an online event which, as the name suggests, is all about advertising and digital marketing.
Granted, this event isn’t exclusively for D2C brands, but it does offer comprehensive advertising and marketing knowledge, delivered by the best in the game.
As a whole, the entire online event is broken down into 13 distinct tracks, ranging from content marketing to eCommerce and D2C.
Whether you’re a startup co-founder or a CMO at an established enterprise, there’s a lot you can learn by picking the D2C track, including, but not limited to:
- How to grow your D2C brand on a global level.
- Inside-secrets on improving your customer retention rates.
- Ways to reduce customer acquisition costs.
And that’s just the tip of the iceberg. You can also take other tracks to learn how you can leverage an omnichannel approach and other modern marketing tactics to scale your brand.
The official event website hasn’t shared any details about the exact agenda for Ad World 2021.
Keep revisiting their website for any updates about how the event will go down.
Why You Should Attend Ad World 2021
Here’s what you’ll miss out on if you don’t participate in this year’s Ad World 2021:
- The opportunity to learn from the likes of Seth Godin, Marisha Lakhiani, and other marketing and eCommerce veterans.
- A chance to network with up to 50,000 marketers, founders, advertisers, and leading eCommerce companies.
- Valuable leads and connections from all around the world.
4. Virtual DTC and eCommerce Masterclass
Date: May 6, 2021
Registration Fee/Ticket Price: Undisclosed (free for senior marketers at select brands)
To be held by Masterclassing – a leading name in informative business events – the Virtual DTC and eCommerce Masterclass is one event you won’t want to miss.
This online eCommerce conference will be focused on discussing the latest technology and trends in digital marketing for both D2C and traditional brands.
You’ll learn how to conquer digital and create amazing customer experiences from a panel of some of the most experienced industry experts.
In the past, brands like L’Oreal, Sky, and Swatch attended the event. Don’t expect anything less from this year’s edition.
Overall, you can expect three presentations followed by three interactive roundtables.
Here’s how it’s broken down (GMT+1):
- 8:55 AM to 9:00 AM – this is when you’ll check in to the conference by joining the Zoom meeting.
- 9:00 AM to 10:30 AM – around this time, you’ll attend three presentations delivered by industry experts and roundtables where you’ll be able to get answers for the most difficult questions.
- 10:30 AM to 10:45 AM – this time slot will be reserved for the keynote presentation.
- 10:45 AM to 11:00 AM – this will be reserved for an interactive Q&A session and closing remarks.
While the agenda has been specified, it may change. If you plan on attending this conference, we suggest frequently checking the event page.
Why You Should Attend Virtual DTC and eCommerce Masterclass
Here are some features that make this one of the best virtual D2C conferences of 2021:
- The event is mostly focused on imparting knowledge (more than 60% of all Masterclassing events are). This may be an attractive benefit for those who just want to learn and skip out on all the “add-ons.”
- Compared to other events, the audience size is significantly smaller (50 attendees per event), resulting in more fruitful conversations.
- Each presentation is capped at 10 minutes, which means you’ll only get the good stuff and zero fluff.
5. Modern Retail Summit LIVE
Dates: April 21 – 23, 2021
Registration Fee/Ticket Price: Starting from $249
If you want to learn about the latest tactics and online channels that modern retailers use for customer acquisition, and apply those learnings to your D2C brand, you have to attend this year’s Modern Retail Summit.
This event will bring executives and senior marketers from the leading retail and eCommerce companies together, where they will address some of the biggest marketing and sales challenges for modern brands, including conversions, budget management, and building customer loyalty.
Here’s everything you can expect from this 3-day event:
- First Day – you’ll spend day one on an interactive working session that you’ll choose. This is your opportunity to discuss real problems and present your solutions.
- Second Day – the second day will be much longer, consisting of insightful sessions on topics like attribution, brand voice, and Gen-Z consumers, along with sponsor sessions.
- Third Day – the third and final day will also include informative sessions on various topics, followed by a section for key takeaways to wrap things up.
For the topics and exact timings, you can check the main event page.
Why You Should Attend Modern Retail Summit LIVE
Here are some great reasons why you might want to attend this event:
- An opportunity to learn from executives belonging to brands like Nestle, Verizon, and Casper.
- The chance to expand your professional network with the best minds in retail, sales, and marketing.
In addition, Modern Retail Summit LIVE is DICE-certified, which means it’s an all-inclusive event.
6. Xpectives.Health Summit
Dates: January – August, 2021
Registration Fee/Ticket Price: Varies/Undisclosed
The Xpectives.Health Summit isn’t a single virtual D2C conference, but rather a combination of informative webinars, virtual forums, and a 2-day in-person event that will take place in October 2021 in Boston.
First and foremost – only the marketers and entrepreneurs belonging to the pharmaceutical/healthcare industries can benefit from this summit.
The summit, spanning months, features more than 15 virtual forums and talks by industry veterans on topics like media buying and planning, recovering patients, and AI and machine learning, among others.
The key feature of these virtual forums is Talk DTC with Bob Ehrlich, which are a series of 30 to 60 minute long webinars.
The agenda for these virtual events are different.
Check out the complete list of scheduled and past forums/webinars to learn more.
Why You Should Attend Xpectives.Health Summit Live Events
If you belong to a healthcare/pharmaceutical D2C brand, here’s how you can benefit from attending one of Xpectives.Health’s webinars or virtual forums:
- You’ll get the answers to the most difficult questions in your industry (there’s not a better option for the healthcare niche).
- The virtual events will be happening throughout the year, giving you the chance to pick your options and plan your schedule ahead.
7. Social Media Week New York (SMWNYC)
Dates: May 4 – 7, 2021
Registration Fee/Ticket Price: Starts at $209
Social media will always remain an indispensable channel for customer engagement and acquisition for all types of brands, including D2C. The Social Media Week New York (SMWNYC) 2021 is all about learning how to leverage this channel for your business.
This global virtual event, which invites social media marketing strategists and influencers from all over the world, has a lot to offer.
You can choose from a wide range of content tracks, including audience and data, influencer marketing and creators, brand leadership, and a lot more that can help you devise a killer social media marketing strategy for your D2C company.
This 3-day event will feature main stage sessions, panel talks, academy classes, networking opportunities, and a lot more.
The entire agenda can be accessed on the main event page. You can conveniently add any main stage session or academy class from your favorite marketer/CEO to your calendar.
Why Attend Social Media Week New York
Here are a few reasons why you should consider attending SMWNYC:
- You can learn how to construct or revamp the social media marketing engine of your D2C brand.
- You can get expert, insider-advice from people belonging to companies like Google, Facebook, and TikTok.
Wrapping it Up
With the first quarter of 2021 about to end, it’s high time that you started evaluating your options and picked D2C conferences to attend this year.
Needless to say, attending any of these virtual conferences can help you excel in your career and/or scale up your D2C brand in one way or the other.
Consider your learning goals, the type of people you want to network with, and your availability and budget, and prioritize the events that you’d want to attend accordingly.